Participant and volunteer Waiver
1. I acknowledge that any event is a test of a person's physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, and event monitors, and/or producers of the event, and lack of hydration. These risks are inherent to the activities performed by the participants, as well as to the volunteers. I hereby assume all the risks of participating and/or volunteering in this event. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them or because of their possible liability without fault.
2. I agree to abide by any decision of the event organizers relative to any aspect of my participation, including the right to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever.
3. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained to be a participant in the event and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person. I acknowledge that I will not attend the event if I feel ill or am experiencing COVID or other communicable disease symptoms, or have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID.
4. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability (AWRL) form will be used by event holders, sponsors, and organizers, in events in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said events.
5. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby act for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A) I Waive, Release and Discharge the following entities or persons: Phoenixville Free Clinic, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents, event holders, event promoters, event sponsors, event volunteers, event permit grantors, event property owners, and other event participants, from any and all liability including, but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, lost income, or any other losses, costs, or actions of any kind which hereafter may accrue to me by virtue of my training for this event, my participation in this event or my travel to or from this event;
(B) I Indemnify, Hold Harmless and Promise Not to Sue the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
6. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this event.
7. I understand that at this event or related activities, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and/or assigns.
8. IMPORTANT: Phoenixville Free Clinic and, and any other organizers of this event do not provide insurance coverage for injuries that occur at the event. Any medical bills for injuries that I may suffer shall be my responsibility.
9. This Release from Liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
I hereby certify that I have read this document; and, I understand its content and agree to be bound by its terms.